ARTIST PROFILE: LAUREN RUDOLPH

Biography:

Creativity has been the purest connection to my inner and outer world for as long as I can remember.  As a child I sat and drew constantly my favorite subject of choice, faces.   There is something about a portrait that pulls me in.  I am fascinated by emotions and the human experience.  My desire is to feel a complete engagement with my subject and tell their story. 

Being an art teacher combines both of my loves, creativity and connection.  I have taught in both public and private schools and helped found two creative studios. One was a home-based studio for children called the Little Light Art Studio and the second studio is Circle on the Farm.  I love to teach private lessons, courses online and in person. I am also so grateful to teach classes at a wonderful agency whose mission is to support and provide many services to people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.

Art is my true life force expression.  When I am in the zone and my energy is flowing, magical things happen.  I feel at peace, open and whole.  I feel very blessed to do this work and to be an artist.  My life like my art is a work in progress, ever evolving.  I look forward to where the path may lead.


Lauren Rudolph


Works:


Essence
60.96x91.44cm-oil on canvas


Sense
60.96x91.44cm-oil on canvas


Triptych: Listen-Awakening-Transcendence
Listen-91.44x121.92cm/Awakening-121.92x121.92cm/Transcendence-91.44x121.92cm



Leap
91.44x121.92cm-oil on canvas


Precipice
40.64x50.8cm-oil on canvas



Lauren Rudolph is paired with Ellora Mishra and to read the poem "The Aureole" that was inspired by "Essence" and other poems, visit Ellora Mishra.

Artist Statement:

Often times as creators we don’t know where the work comes from. The images seem to emerge from an unconscious aspect of our psyche only to later be revealed. In the case of these paintings, the word and concept were brought to the forefront prior to the creation. One word sparked inspiration and that word was Star.

We find ourselves in this world as young children, curious and open to all of the magic that exists both inside and outside of ourselves. As we grow, some of these qualities fade and we get lost in the day to day. All the while lurking beneath the surface is a little light calling to be released and expressed.

These paintings that I have created are a connection to that story, the story of what it is like to be a human possessing a light deep within and this beautiful potential to shine. There are hurdles on this journey back to ourselves and many roads to get there. These pieces reflect that quest, or at least a small part of that questioning. I so love the quote, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing” spoken by Helen Keller. It is not that every day we will be on some fantastic journey, but we can quietly and methodically open to ourselves.

Art for me is a channel and I use my hands to unlock mysteries that would otherwise just sit in my mind far out of reach. The sensory expression and connection of the pencil to paper or brush to canvas is my adventure and I don’t even have to leave home. 

I have expressed through visions here the connection to our senses as well as the magic that lies beyond them, empowerment and the courage of being willing to shed our skin and to be born anew, the strength to leap in faith when there is no proof. 

This is what it is to be a human opening to the belief that there is a world beyond our eyes and within our hearts. This is the work of uncovering and exploring. The journey continues.

 

You can reach Lauren at:

Website: www.laurenrudolph.com

Instagram: @laurenhr

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/lauren.rudolph.16

 

Art & Poem
Vision & Concept by Deepa Gopal
Video by Anoushka Sunil
Intro clip and thumbnail- Vibhin P C



Introduction 
Video edit by Anoushka Sunil

Intro clip and thumbnail- Vibhin P C


CURATOR'S TIDBITS:

Ira (Ellora Mishra) is a vibrant person, so full of life and I see a ‘happy-go-lucky’ girl in her. I reached her through Tomichan Matheikal’s blog. I downloaded Ira’s debut of short poetic tales, ‘Dots and Streaks’, from Blogchatter E-Book Carnival and read her work, the very first time. I saw a range of emotions there, the warmth and tenderness of ‘Time’ stuck with me for some reason. Her poems seems to seek within, soul-searching, stirring her being and it ties a chord with others as well. That same chord defines Lauren Rudolph’s art too. She’s a seeker of the essence, the core and the soul of being. I haven’t had the chance to know Lauren more as a person. However, her art connects and connects deeply. She was part of ‘My Creative Day’ mini-series that I had organized at Hues n Shades, my personal blog, last October.


PLEASE SPARE US YOUR FEW MOMENTS AND FILL-UP OUR FEEDBACK FORM


Comments

Post a Comment